Top five coffee makers

Whether you like your coffee as straight-up rocket fuel, or prefer a milkier brew to start your day, here are Mumsnetters' top five coffee maker picks.

Add your own coffee maker review

1. Tassimo T20, £55.06

Very easy to use (one Mumsnetter reckons it's quicker than boiling a kettle!) and stylishly sleek, the Tassimo is absolutely top of the list.

"The machines are generally reasonably priced and the coffee pods go on offer from time to time in supermarkets so I stock up."

"The coffee tastes absolutely wonderful. I'm glad I had the common sense to read the manual and quick start guide - I'm pretty sure I've benefitted from getting the intended quality of taste from the first cup savoured."

2. Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine, £59.99

Dolce fans are very devoted, and why not? The machines look snazzy on the worktop and are easy to use.

"The pods are easy to get hold of and reasonably priced. If you use the Dolce Gusto online shop they have a good range to choose from. And if you buy yourself some fancy latte glasses, you'll feel just like you're at Costa!"

"Buying the coffee tabs seems expensive but when you compare it with the cost of coffee when you are out, it's cheap! If you love your coffee it's worth it."

3. Magimix Nespresso with Milk Aerator, £89.95

With a milk frother included in the package, the Magimix Nespresso means that you can make cafe-quality coffee in your own kitchen.

"We cannot get enough of this in our house, it's been a pretty life-changing purchase for all involved. Makes really lovely coffee and is neat and compact on the kitchen side."

"The pods can only be bought direct and aren't cheap but it still works out cheaper than a coffee shop coffee. I love mine and use it at least daily. A real treat!"

4. Bosch Tassimo Vivy T12, £50.99

This space-age little coffee maker comes in a range of colours. It's compact and efficient (plus it'll make you hot chocolate, too).

"This is so much better than instant coffee. All you have to do is put the pod in the machine and out comes tasty coffee. It also doubles as a kettle with either the cleaning or the special water disc. It's no bigger than my kettle and not much more expensive either."

"We have a baby and a toddler and don't have much room, but it tucks in brilliantly under the kitchen cupboards."

5. Bialetti Stove-Top Espresso Maker, £16.39

This nifty little stove-top espresso maker is easy to use and clean, and doesn't take up any space at all on your worktops.

"You will never go back to instant coffee after buying one of these. Every coffee lover will fall deeply in love with it."

"The Bialetti takes no technical skill, requires minimal time/fuss/engagement, is easy-peasy to clean, and makes the best homemade cup of coffee I've tasted yet. I love it. BUY ONE. You'll thank me."

Prices are correct as of 27/01/16