Top 5 baby rockers and bouncers: Mumsnet recommendations

Bouncers and rockers can be a godsend when it comes to getting your little one off to sleep or keeping them entertained. We've rounded up the top five models, as recommended by Mumsnetters

Add your own baby rocker or bouncer review

1. Fisher-Price Jumperoo, £89.99

Fisher-Price Jumperoo

Mumsnet Best Buy: The Jumperoo consistently ranks as a favourite among Mumsnetters, thanks to its practical, playful design. With a rotating seat and plenty of colourful toys it's bound to keep your little one entertained for hours.

"It's fairly lightweight and the swivel seat is a brilliant addition to an already very well-thought-out bouncer. Best thing I've bought my son so far!"

"This really was the best piece of kit my son had when he was a baby. Very sturdy and easy to clean. The seat comes off so that it can go through the washing machine if there are ever any 'accidents'."

2. BabyBjörn Babysitter Balance, £109.35

BabyBjorn bouncer

This sleek design from BabyBjörn makes a great bouncer for a small baby or a comfy chair for an older child.

"This seat was perfect for my daughter - the multiple positions meant that she could look around to her heart's content. It's nice and light for hauling around the house, and folds down flat so it can be shoved in a corner or in a car boot to go elsewhere."

"My daughter has been happy chilling out in it since she was a few weeks' old. The soft, hammocky fabric shell moulds to support the baby's back, head and shoulders."

3. Luna Leaf Swinging Chair, £160

Nuna Leaf

Unlike most rockers, the Luna Leaf doesn't rely on motors or batteries. Instead, it's been designed so that a gentle push will set it rocking in a smooth, natural swinging motion that will continue unaided.

"I love this chair. We bought it when our son was about 4 months old. He'd always struggled with daytime naps, so I was amazed when the first time I put him in it he fell asleep with hardly any fussing. It's also upright enough for a baby to look around."

"I love this seat so much. It's solid and well-built, and our little one falls asleep as soon as he touches it."

4. 4Moms Mamaroo Baby Rocker, £220

Mamaroo

The Mamaroo bounces, rocks, and reclines to any position. The soothing, in-built nature sounds will send your baby drifting off to sleep in no time.

"It's one buy we'll never regret. At times when nothing else would settle our son, the Mamaroo saved our sanity! He loves the movement and sounds - all the soothe-ability of a car in the comfort and warmth of our front room."

"A good product, attractively and thoughtfully designed."

5. Graco Swing 'n' Bounce 2-in-1 Swing, £129.99

Graco 2-in-1 swing

Can't decide between a bouncer and a swing? The Graco 2-in-1 gives you the best of both. It also comes with a toy tray and removable toys.

"Love it. We have this for our little one - she loves it and it gets her off to sleep. It is both a bouncer and a swing, and the seat vibrates. The swing has six speeds and different melodies."

Prices correct as of 15/03/16

From tips on life with a baby to useful tools - Mumsnet Baby Bundle, in association with Nurofen for Children, is a world of resources at your fingertips. Download the app now

Liked this? Try these: