Eating healthily can be delicious and much easier than you think!
That's the message from wholegraingoodness.com, an independent, not-for-profit campaign that aims to raise awareness of the benefits of wholegrains as part of a healthy balanced diet, and to inspire and motivate people to eat them.
"Most of us know it's important to eat at least five portions of fruit and veg every day, but what many of us don't know is that we should be eating more wholegrain to keep us healthy too. Nutritionists around the world encourage eating at least three servings of wholegrain a day. But despite the nutritional benefits, national surveys show that 95% of UK adults fail to reach three servings a day. In fact, on average, most of us don't even eat that in a week, and almost a third of us don't eat any at all. To help us inspire mums to get more nutritious wholegrain into their family's diet, take part in our wholegrain challenge & tell us what you think."
- Try our delicious wholegrain recipes
- Check out our guide to wholegrain
- Claim your recipe booklet
- 50 Mumsnetters are taking part in the Wholegrain Goodness challenge to help kick-start healthier grocery shopping choices for 2013 and for a chance to win a £150 supermarket voucher of their choice - see how they're getting on here.
- Are you trying the Wholegrain Goodness challenge with your family? Share your wholegrain tips and ideas here for a chance to win a £100 supermarket voucher of your choice
- For a chance to win supermarket vouchers of your choice worth £250, answer the question below correctly to be entered into a prize draw
Wholegrain Goodness new year, new you competition
WIN! One lucky Mumsnetter will win £250 supermarket vouchers of their choice with Wholegrain Goodness
Which of the below is about one serving of wholegrain? Hint - answer here!
Terms and conditions
To enter the competitions, you must be: (a) a UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry and (c) a registered member of Mumsnet. · To be one of the 50 selected participants for the Wholegrain Goodness challenge you must be: a UK Mumsnetter with at least one child aged 16 or under living at home. · The competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or anyone promoting or professionally connected with these competitions. · Mumsnet may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions. · All entries must be made using the forms, or whatever method is instructed, on the relevant competitions pages. · Only one entry per person for each competition. · No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason. · Incorrect or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified. · One winner will be chosen at random for each prize draw from all valid entries. · If you win a prize draw, we will notify you by e-mail. · If we do not get a response to the email within two weeks, the prize will be offered to a runner-up. If the runner up does not respond or is unable to accept the prize it will then be offered to another runner up, and so on. · Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. · You can find out who has won a particular competition by looking at our Winners' Corner. · For the Wholegrain Goodness new year, new you competition, there is one prize of £250 vouchers for one supermarket; to be spent within the voucher validity date set by the supermarket. The winner can choose, from a given selection of supermarkets, which supermarket their voucher is from. · For the Wholegrain Goodness challenge there is one £10 supermarket voucher for each of the 50 mumsnetters selected to take part. And there is one prize for one of these 50 mumsnetters of £150 vouchers for one supermarket; to be spent within the voucher validity date set by the supermarket. There is also one prize for any other mumsnetter who takes the challenge and feeds back on the thread of £100 vouchers for one supermarket; to be spent within the voucher validity date set by the supermarket. Mumsnetters awarded vouchers can choose, from a given selection of supermarkets, which supermarket their voucher is from. · The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
· If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. · The winner agrees to take part in publicity in connection with this competition. · All ideas, images, photos, videos submitted can be reproduced by HGCA as part of their marketing campaigns. · Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified, unless you opt-in to share your data with Wholegrain Goodness for marketing purposes.
Last updated: 4 days ago