Your guide to maths in primary schools
This is our first set of pages about maths, but we're really keen that we cover everything you might want to know about maths so please follow the links to more maths pages.
- How maths is taught in primary school
- Maths in Reception
- Maths in Key Stage 1 (Years 1-2)
- Maths in Key Stage 2 (Years 3-4)
- Maths in Key Stage 2 (Years 5-6)
- How can I help at home with maths?
- Mental maths
- Number lines explained
- What an array means in maths
- Grid method explained
- What chunking means in maths
- What compensation means in maths
- Struggling with maths in primary school
- What to do if your child is falling behind in maths
- How to introduce maths into everyday life
- My child doesn't like maths
- Using maths in everyday life
Maths teaching in primary schools
Our second maths section focuses on the different methods used to teach what were known as 'sums' when we were at school.
We also explore what to do when your child is struggling with maths or is less than positive about the subject.
Last updated: about 1 year ago