Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Insight & Innovation Executive
Launched in 2000 by two new mothers, Mumsnet is the UK's largest website for parents - a place where parents can share advice, product recommendations and friendship.
We're looking to recruit an Insight and Innovation Executive who is bright, enthusiastic, thorough and dedicated to providing a good service for clients. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This is an exciting opportunity for an intelligent and motivated person to join a fast-growing team, and for someone who enjoys building fruitful relationships with clients, in addition to honing their Insight skills.
The Insight team is a thriving and growing part of the business since lots of brands want to hear what our members have to say about their products/services. Our recent clients include Asda, Cadbury's, Barclays and P&G among others. The range of projects we work on is vast - so no two days are the same and there are always new opportunities for keen and enthusiastic team members to make their mark in the team.
- Day-to-day management of quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Drafting of quantitative and qualitative research tools to meet clients' briefs
- Liaising with clients to make sure research projects run smoothly
- Managing the research Panel and monitoring the Insight Talk boards
- Working alongside the sales and project management teams to co-ordinate Insight elements of larger, integrated and commercial campaigns
- Writing reports and debriefs for qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Providing Insight support to the wider Mumsnet team
Qualities we're looking for in this role:
- An understanding of the importance of Insight and Innovation work in a commercial framework for clients
- Ability to understand client's research objectives
- Excellent time management and ability to deal with multiple projects at one time
- Skilled at dealing with large datasets and interpreting data in a variety of ways depending on the client's needs
- Attention to detail in written and numerical outputs/documents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel (including formulae etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to find appropriate solutions to problems quickly
- Empathy with parent and parental issues
- Brilliant people skills
- Initiative and drive - the ability to take a project and run with it
- Experience of proposal-writing/pitching to clients would be desirable
Gransnet.com - sister site of Mumsnet - is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking intern with a strong desire to learn, to join our editorial team.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work on a busy and dynamic website and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV.
What's more, the company is always in the market for talented people - so there may be an opportunity for the right candidate to join us full-time at the end of the internship.
The role is full-time, office-based in north London.
This is what you'll need to apply:
- Sharp editorial judgement, with editorial experience preferred
- Extraordinarily good written English, with impeccable spelling and grammar
- An ear for the 'tone' of our organisation
- Great personal communication skills
- A positive attitude and an unflappable personality
- Active knowledge of cms and all social media platforms (including Gransnet)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop desirable
- ...and a good sense of humour
To apply, please contact contactus@
Fancy being part of the team? Do check back regularly as we're always on the hunt for super-talented individuals.
Last updated: 5 days ago