Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you’ll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus quarterly bonus.
Hours: We’re happy to consider candidates wanting to work 4 days per week on a pro-rata basis.
We're looking for an experienced (2 years + preferred) and commercially driven Account Manager to join our Agency Sales team.
Working within a vibrant advertising sales team and reporting to the Head of Agency Sales, it will be your responsibility to drive advertising revenues within your agency patch. By joining the team you’ll be able to build your career by representing a high profile media brand within a dynamic, fast‐paced working environment that is also fun and highly rewarding. The Account Manager will play a crucial role in targeting senior level personnel at agencies and selling the diverse online portfolio.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Developing and cementing relationships within your agency patch
Generating new business as well as nurturing existing clients
Utilising effective relationships with agencies to deliver advertising revenue against targets
Increasing revenue across all budgeted lines
Targeting relevant agency and direct clients with ideas and solutions, entrepreneurial spirit essential
Qualities we’re looking for in the Account Manager:
Proven, relevant online experience within a media organisation with agency and client contacts
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Strong negotiation skills are essential to secure solid campaign rates in line with rate and yield guidelines
A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
The ability to devise creative online cross-‐portfolio marketing solutions
Excellent consultative sales approach
Keen attention to detail
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate to join our expanding tech team and be involved in growing the site using great technologies and good teamwork.
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who communicates well within a team. You'll be using a variety of development and testing tools and learning from other experienced and successful developers.
The ideal candidate would have a background in web development, with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Create and maintain test plans and procedures for new features/updates
- Develop and maintain our automated testing suite
- Identifying defects in the software and reporting back to the development team
- Review new features/changes before deployment
- Work with the Software Development team to establish and maintain best software practices
- Writing documentation where necessary.
- 2:1 degree in Computing Science or Software Engineering
- Solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming (preferably Java)
- Experience with ruby on rails is a plus
- Understanding of common software testing methods: functional testing, unit testing, continuous integration.
- Experience with common testing frameworks: jUnit, jWebUnit
- Familiarity with version control systems (preferably git)
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking intern to join our video production and editorial teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an energetic and innovative group of people, and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV.
We're always on the look-out for talented people to join our team, so there may be an opportunity for the right candidates to join us full time at the end of the internship.
During your time with us, you'll learn about all aspects of our organisation and gain specific experience in the following:
- Project management
- Copywriting and copy editing
- YouTube and social media
Academic qualifications (you MUST be able to demonstrate the following):
- A degree awarded by a UK university
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A positive attitude and a readiness to take on responsibility
- Technical experience with self-shooting, lighting and sound
- Ability to video edit using Final Cut Pro X
- Strong writing skills
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with all social media platforms, in particular Mumsnet and YouTube
- A good sense of humour
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and a link to a showreel of work you’ve produced (maximum length: 3 minutes) to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 1 September. Interviews will be held during the following two weeks.
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.