Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you’ll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate to join our expanding tech team and be involved in growing the site using great technologies and good teamwork.
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who communicates well within a team. You'll be using a variety of development and testing tools and learning from other experienced and successful developers.
The ideal candidate would have a background in web development, with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Create and maintain test plans and procedures for new features/updates
- Develop and maintain our automated testing suite
- Identifying defects in the software and reporting back to the development team
- Review new features/changes before deployment
- Work with the Software Development team to establish and maintain best software practices
- Writing documentation where necessary.
- 2:1 degree in Computing Science or Software Engineering
- Solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming (preferably Java)
- Experience with ruby on rails is a plus
- Understanding of common software testing methods: functional testing, unit testing, continuous integration.
- Experience with common testing frameworks: jUnit, jWebUnit
- Familiarity with version control systems (preferably git)
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking intern to join our video production and editorial teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an energetic and innovative group of people, and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV.
We're always on the look-out for talented people to join our team, so there may be an opportunity for the right candidates to join us full time at the end of the internship.
During your time with us, you'll learn about all aspects of our organisation and gain specific experience in the following:
- Project management
- Copywriting and copy editing
- YouTube and social media
Academic qualifications (you MUST be able to demonstrate the following):
- A degree awarded by a UK university
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A positive attitude and a readiness to take on responsibility
- Technical experience with self-shooting, lighting and sound
- Ability to video edit using Final Cut Pro X
- Strong writing skills
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with all social media platforms, in particular Mumsnet and YouTube
- A good sense of humour
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and a link to a showreel of work you’ve produced (maximum length: 3 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 1 September. Interviews will be held during the following two weeks.
We’re on the hunt for a junior to mid-weight UX researcher to help create fantastic user experiences across the entire Mumsnet brand.
We’re looking for a talented UX researcher who is enthusiastic about making our users’ lives easier. We need a friendly and smart individual with an eagerness to learn.
Our ideal candidate will empathise strongly with the end-user, have a good knowledge and understanding of a range of user research techniques and be able identify what our users need through exploring their behaviour and motivations.
Most of our users are mobile and tablet based and therefore experience with mobile UX design would be a bonus. This role would suit someone with a couple of years experience under their belts looking for the opportunity to work in a vibrant company and develop their skills further.
You’ll work within the product development team and collaborate with designers, developers and community managers to bring about positive change for a large highly engaged community of users.
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse user behaviours that will inform the design of key product features
- Help translate business and user requirements into meaningful interactive experiences, taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features
- Determine the appropriate level and type of user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Conduct user research and testing including user interviews, remote user testing, analytics research and heuristic evaluations
- Translate research findings into creative concepts and functional components
- Clearly articulate your solutions to internal stakeholders
- Design the information architecture and interaction behaviour for new features and functionality – through the use of workflows, sitemaps, wireframes etc
- Collaboratively develop prototypes for evaluation of concepts
- Develop and communicate detailed user experience specifications for use by development and test teams
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Statistics, Psychology or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques and strong understanding of how UX fits within the product development cycle.
- Master’s degree in relevant area
- Successful track record researching, developing and designing mobile and app experiences.
- Proficiency in a variety of wireframing and prototyping tools (Axure for example)
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to user behaviour
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
We are open to applicants looking for a full-time or part-time position. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.