Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you’ll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking intern to join our video production and editorial teams.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an energetic and innovative group of people, and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV.
We're always on the look-out for talented people to join our team, so there may be an opportunity for the right candidates to join us full time at the end of the internship.
During your time with us, you'll learn about all aspects of our organisation and gain specific experience in the following:
- Project management
- Copywriting and copy editing
- YouTube and social media
Academic qualifications (you MUST be able to demonstrate the following):
- A degree awarded by a UK university
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A positive attitude and a readiness to take on responsibility
- Technical experience with self-shooting, lighting and sound
- Ability to video edit using Final Cut Pro X
- Strong writing skills
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with all social media platforms, in particular Mumsnet and YouTube
- A good sense of humour
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and a link to a showreel of work you’ve produced (maximum length: 3 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 1 September. Interviews will be held during the following two weeks.
Mumsnet is embarking on an exciting new project to re-invent our mobile and digital products. We’re keen to find a designer to take on this challenge and create new and beautiful functional cross-platform solutions.
We’re looking for an innovative, talented designer who is enthusiastic about working closely with UX researchers and developers to translate function, usability and brand into beautiful and useful products. We need a friendly and highly creative individual who thrives on rapid iteration and collaboration. Our ideal candidate will be able to balance beauty with function and empathise strongly with the end-user.
Most of our visitors use mobile and tablet devices and therefore you will need a lot of experience with mobile and app design. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with our product development team, researchers and developers and be able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders.
As the chief designer for our app and mobile products you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and take ownership of the creative process. This is a unique opportunity to innovate within a dynamic well established organisation and to bring about positive change for a large vibrant community of users.
You will be our lead designer organisation wide and translate and shape the Mumsnet brand presence on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Participating in the planning, design, and evaluation of user interfaces and user experience concepts
- Deliver incredible interaction designs from initial concept through to launch and evaluation of success
- Understand, translate and develop the Mumsnet brand
- Design and collaboratively develop interactive prototypes to inform user research and technical scoping
- Champion user centered design methodologies and work closely with UX researcher
- Produce high quality graphic assets for use in development and production
- Provide creative input to the team including ideation and discovery stages
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience as a designer for mobile, tablet and web
- Highly skilled with Adobe creative suite and keenness to explore new ways of designing for mobile
- Strong portfolio of beautiful apps with incredible visual communication with at least one app to market
- Sharp eye for detail in design and UI implementation
- Exceptional understanding of visual and interaction design principles
- Up to date on the latest design trends in the mobile technologies and an eager follower of design blogs and communities
- Enjoy sharing your inspiration and ideas with the team and stakeholders
- Experience with mobile, tablet and App design in both Android and iOS and on mobile responsive sites
- Awareness of the App Store, Google Play store and mobile standards of design
- An understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and current web & mobile technologies would be an advantage
- High proficiency in designing icons, use of typography and colour
Salary range: Competitive
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
We’re on the hunt for a junior to mid-weight UX researcher to help create fantastic user experiences across the entire Mumsnet brand.
We’re looking for a talented UX researcher who is enthusiastic about making our users’ lives easier. We need a friendly and smart individual with an eagerness to learn.
Our ideal candidate will empathise strongly with the end-user, have a good knowledge and understanding of a range of user research techniques and be able identify what our users need through exploring their behaviour and motivations.
Most of our users are mobile and tablet based and therefore experience with mobile UX design would be a bonus. This role would suit someone with a couple of years experience under their belts looking for the opportunity to work in a vibrant company and develop their skills further.
You’ll work within the product development team and collaborate with designers, developers and community managers to bring about positive change for a large highly engaged community of users.
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse user behaviours that will inform the design of key product features
- Help translate business and user requirements into meaningful interactive experiences, taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features
- Determine the appropriate level and type of user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Conduct user research and testing including user interviews, remote user testing, analytics research and heuristic evaluations
- Translate research findings into creative concepts and functional components
- Clearly articulate your solutions to internal stakeholders
- Design the information architecture and interaction behaviour for new features and functionality – through the use of workflows, sitemaps, wireframes etc
- Collaboratively develop prototypes for evaluation of concepts
- Develop and communicate detailed user experience specifications for use by development and test teams
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Statistics, Psychology or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques and strong understanding of how UX fits within the product development cycle.
- Master’s degree in relevant area
- Successful track record researching, developing and designing mobile and app experiences.
- Proficiency in a variety of wireframing and prototyping tools (Axure for example)
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to user behaviour
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
We are open to applicants looking for a full-time or part-time position. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.