Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
The Insight team is a thriving and growing part of the business since lots of brands want to hear what our members have to say about their products/services. Our recent clients include Barclays, Aviva, Boots, EE, Tesco and Toyota. The range of projects we work on is vast so no two days are the same and there are always new opportunities for keen and enthusiastic team members to make their mark in the team.
We're looking to recruit a Trainee Insight Executive who is bright, enthusiastic, thorough and communicates well within a team. Previous experience within Market Research is not required, but office experience is desirable. This role would suit a recent graduate with an interest in research and brands.
- Assisting the other members of the insight team with day-to-day management of market research projects
- Drafting quantitative surveys and qualitative discussion guides
- Liaising with members of Mumsnet who participate in Insight projects
- Helping to prepare reports and presentations
- Liaising with clients to make sure research projects run smoothly
- Working with Sales team to co-ordinate insight elements of larger campaigns
Qualities we're looking for in this role include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Keen attention to detail in written and numerical outputs/documents
- Expertise in power point and excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to find appropriate solutions to challenges quickly
- Empathy with parents and parental issues
- Initiative and drive – the ability, once trained, to take a project and run with it
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a talented, hardworking intern to join our product development team.
During your time with us you'll work under the guidance of our Chief Designer gaining valuable experience in a variety of projects across the whole organisation. This is a unique opportunity to work with a friendly and collaborative group of people, and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV. We're always on the look-out for talented people to join our team, so there may be an opportunity for the right candidates to join us full-time at the end of the internship.
We like to give all our interns the opportunity to learn about the whole organisation and for this internship role you'll also gain specific experience in the following:
- Web and mobile app design
- How to create a strong brand identity
- User interface and user experience design for web and mobile devices
- Whole design life cycle from wireframing, prototyping to fully worked up designs
- Working in a busy product development team
- Keen interest in design trends and developments
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have a positive attitude and be prepared to take on responsibility
- Eagerness to learn
Academic qualifications (you MUST have the following skills):
- Hold a degree awarded by a UK university or equivalent preferably in graphic or web design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Responsive /App Design
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 27 October.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus quarterly bonus.
Hours: We're happy to consider candidates wanting to work 4 days per week on a pro-rata basis.
We're looking for an experienced (2 years + preferred) and commercially driven Account Manager to join our Agency Sales team.
Working within a vibrant advertising sales team and reporting to the Head of Agency Sales, it will be your responsibility to drive advertising revenues within your agency patch. By joining the team you'll be able to build your career by representing a high profile media brand within a dynamic, fast‐paced working environment that is also fun and highly rewarding. The Account Manager will play a crucial role in targeting senior level personnel at agencies and selling the diverse online portfolio.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Developing and cementing relationships within your agency patch
Generating new business as well as nurturing existing clients
Utilising effective relationships with agencies to deliver advertising revenue against targets
Increasing revenue across all budgeted lines
Targeting relevant agency and direct clients with ideas and solutions, entrepreneurial spirit essential
Qualities we're looking for in the Account Manager:
Proven, relevant online experience within a media organisation with agency and client contacts
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Strong negotiation skills are essential to secure solid campaign rates in line with rate and yield guidelines
A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
The ability to devise creative online cross-‐portfolio marketing solutions
Excellent consultative sales approach
Keen attention to detail
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented graduate to join our expanding tech team and be involved in growing the site using great technologies and good teamwork.
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who communicates well within a team. You'll be using a variety of development and testing tools and learning from other experienced and successful developers.
The ideal candidate would have a background in web development, with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Create and maintain test plans and procedures for new features/updates
- Develop and maintain our automated testing suite
- Identifying defects in the software and reporting back to the development team
- Review new features/changes before deployment
- Work with the Software Development team to establish and maintain best software practices
- Writing documentation where necessary.
- 2:1 degree in Computing Science or Software Engineering
- Solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming (preferably Java)
- Experience with ruby on rails is a plus
- Understanding of common software testing methods: functional testing, unit testing, continuous integration.
- Experience with common testing frameworks: jUnit, jWebUnit
- Familiarity with version control systems (preferably git)
- The candidate must be comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.