Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking junior editorial assistant to join our editorial team. This is a brilliant opportunity to work with an energetic and innovative group of people at the UK's busiest website for parents. Your primary responsibility will be to provide editorial and administrative help to Mumsnet’s content team, and to liaise with our commercial team to ensure that our work with clients reflects the best of Mumsnet.
This is what you'll need to apply:
- a degree awarded by a UK university
- sharp editorial judgement, with editorial experience preferred
- extraordinarily good written English, with impeccable spelling and grammar
- an ear for the 'tone' of our organisation
- great personal communication skills
- a positive attitude and an unflappable personality
- active knowledge of all social media platforms (particularly Mumsnet)
- ... and a good sense of humour
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 26 December. Please put the job title in the subject line.
We're on the hunt for a super-talented individual to join our content team. It's busy and fast-moving here, so you'll need to be the type who relishes a bit of a challenge, and doesn't faint at the idea of ripping up a plan and starting over.
This is the kind of thing we'd typically want you to do:
- Use our content management system to make site pages
- Photo edit, and create graphics
- Produce email newsletters
- Write, sub and generate content ideas to inspire and delight the Mumsnet audience
To do all this, we think you'll need to be:
- fluent in English, both verbal and written
- a great communicator with top-notch writing skills
- a stickler when it comes to editorial standards, accuracy and consistency
- good with Photoshop
- comfortable with basic HTML
- au fait with Mumsnet and its extraordinary community
- familiar with all the big social media platforms
- a can-do type who's ready to take the initiative and grab responsibility
It would be unbelievably excellent if you also had:
- an understanding of SEO
- analytics experience
- experience with video editing software
- a penchant for table football
The role is five days a week, and based in our offices in Kentish Town.
If you think this sounds like you, please do apply by sending your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday 2 January 2015. We promise to read it.
If you'd like to be more involved with Mumsnet, and our users, consider becoming one of our Local editors and running your own local site. You can find out more about this role here.