Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
Mumsnet is looking for a social media exec to join our content team. We need a brilliant writer who lives and breathes Facebook and other social platforms to help us spread the word about all the great stuff on Mumsnet.
We'll want the person we hire to:
- Have a proven track record in building likes and engagement on Facebook
- Be obsessively au fait with Facebook's strategy, and current industry thinking across all social platforms
- Be an analytics hound, who positively relishes interrogating data to tweak strategy
You'll also need to:
- Spot a sharing opportunity at a hundred paces
- Write pithy, engaging, funny posts and 'get' the Mumsnet tone
- Source and produce graphic images to support tweets and posts
- Use analytics to track performance, and enthusiastically communicate your learnings to the wider team
We're expecting your CV to reveal:
- 1-3 years of social media experience
- Proven ability to generate stories and spot trends
- Solid experience with social analytics including real-time
And, in an ideal world, we'd also like you to be:
- A team player - happy to jump in to produce other content when needed
- A grammar and spelling supremo who spurns spellcheck
This is a full-time position based in Mumsnet's HQ in sunny Kentish Town.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 21 May with 'Social Media Executive' in the subject line.
We're looking for an experienced (2 years + preferred) and commercially driven Account Manager to join our Agency Sales team.
Working within a vibrant advertising sales team and reporting to the Head of Agency Sales, it will be your responsibility to drive advertising revenues within your agency patch. By joining the team you'll be able to build your career by representing a high profile media brand within a dynamic, fast‐paced working environment that is also fun and highly rewarding. The Account Manager will play a crucial role in targeting senior level personnel at agencies and selling the diverse online portfolio.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and cementing relationships within your agency patch
- Generating new business as well as nurturing existing clients
- Utilising effective relationships with agencies to deliver advertising revenue against targets
- Increasing revenue across all budgeted lines
- Targeting relevant agency and direct clients with ideas and solutions, entrepreneurial spirit essential
Qualities we're looking for in the Account Manager:
- Proven, relevant online experience within a media organisation with agency and client contacts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills are essential to secure solid campaign rates in line with rate and yield guidelines
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
- The ability to devise creative online cross-‐portfolio marketing solutions
- Excellent consultative sales approach
- Industry knowledge
- Keen attention to detail
Salary: Commensurate with experience. We're happy to consider candidates wanting to work 4 days per week on a pro-rata basis.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject heading. We always appoint as soon as we meet the right candidate, so please do apply straight away.