Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
We're looking for a brilliant Deputy Editor with at least three years' digital journalism experience to work closely with the editor to manage our fantastic editorial, video and community teams - around 20 people in all.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced manager with irreproachable editorial skills and brilliant strategic sense to help grow Mumsnet's output and contribute to our overall editorial direction.
The person we're looking for will know and love Mumsnet, and have a clear understanding of our forums, and the site's tone and values - as well as being a big fan of user-generated content.
- Be full of great ideas for building engagement
- Be comfortable with analytics
- Be quick to spot opportunities to reach new audiences as the digital landscape changes
- Be flexible - able to pivot to meet new demands and deadlines as priorities shift
- Be adept at managing a team in a high pressure environment
- Be calm and capable, and a confident decision-taker
As a plus, you might have:
- A practical grasp of how to optimise content
- Community management experience
- Digital video experience
- Familiarity with the blogging world
- A sense of humour
On a day-to-day level, you'll have responsibility for managing the editorial calendar, ensuring quick and cogent responses to topical issues, and generally keeping the desk running smoothly. You'll use your impeccable subbing skills to make sure that our content goes out in peak condition, both on site and on our social channels. You'll be completely at ease with social strategy, and have compelling ideas to increase engagement on all platforms.
Crucially, you'll be a team player and able to give support to our editor, and other colleagues across the editorial team and elsewhere.
This is a full-time, 5-day week position, based in our office in Kentish Town.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, covering letter, a link to two (or more!) examples of your writing and three editorial strategy ideas, summarised in no more than a paragraph each, to wendy@by 5 pm, Wednesday 25 May. Please include "Deputy Editor application" in your subject line.
Agency Sales Manager
An opportunity to play an exciting role at the heart of Mumsnet, the UK's biggest online parenting site. The Times has called us "the country's most popular meeting point for parents" and the Sunday Telegraph "an internet phenomenon". Our site gets 9.2 million unique visitors per month. This is a unique opportunity to join an energetic and innovative team.
The Agency Sales Manager will be responsible for growing revenue from top tier media agencies. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency sales team. You will be a resilient, tenacious inpidual with an ability to provide leadership across designated advertising agencies. With support of the agency account team members, the Agency Sales Manager will grow revenue by selling across the Mumsnet advertising portfolio.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Agency Sales Manager include:
- Lead, mentor and support the agency sales team to achieve revenue targets and beyond
- New business pitching and account management of own agency patch â€“ responding to incoming briefs and proactive selling
- Delivery of highly-effective sales presentations and negotiations
- Reviewing and analysing performance and driving actions for improvement
- Excellent client servicing and relationship management
- Helping the team to put together creative and compelling proposals that meet client objectives
- Work with Campaign Management and Ad Operations to define and execute targeted account management plans to ensure that the team grows revenue from existing customers
- Implementing efficient and productivity-enhancing tools and processes
- Providing accurate and regular forecasts and pipeline information to management
Key attributes of the Agency Sales Manager include:
- At least two years experience in managing and motivating a sales team to successfully hit revenue targets
- Strong understanding of and experience of working in the online advertising market
- Experience of and proficiency in selling creative solutions to agencies and clients
- A robust network of contacts and relationships and strong experience of working with West-End media agencies
- A demonstrable ability to be strategic and to innovate in terms of both product and process in order to meet client objectives
- Strong operational focus with experience of implementing and managing sales processes
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality, excellent communication and presentation skills, strong planning and organisational capabilities
- Excellent administration skills
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to commercial@with "Agency Sales Manager" in your subject line. We will appoint as soon as we find the right candidate so do apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
Recruitment Advertising Sales Executive
Mumsnet is the UK's leading website for parents with over 9.5 million users visiting each month. We launched Mumsnet Jobs, a family friendly job site last May. We got off to a flying start and due to continued growth we are now looking for a Recruitment Sales Executive to join the team.
In this role you'll be tasked with growing recruitment advertising revenue. You'll do this by partnering with new and existing clients, to create and sell just the right recruitment advertising solutions to fulfil their unique needs.
This is a fast-paced, demanding role in which you'll usually liaise with clients by telephone, but you'll also pitch your ideas face-to-face, too. You'll need to be confident communicator with a consultative sales approach.
We'll expect you to be a self-starter with the drive, commercial acumen and self-discipline to consistently hit your sales targets and steadily grow advertising revenues. You'll be full of enthusiasm, and enjoy exceeding client expectations with innovative solutions.
You'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you'll be a passionate advocate of the Mumsnet brand and what it represents.
If you have at least 2- 3 year's recruitment digital sales experience, excellent lead-sourcing skills to develop business and the ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships, a can do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond what is needed then we’d love to hear from you.
Expect a fun, friendly and rewarding environment where your input will have a direct impact into the ongoing success of our business.
Get in touch… please apply via our Mumsnet Jobs site and upload your CV and covering letter in the first instance. Please note, we will appoint as soon as we find the right candidate so don't delay in applying. Closing date Friday 3 June 2016.
Mumsnet is looking for a Project Manager to join our growing Product team.
Reporting directly to Mumsnet's Product Director, this is an exciting role for a Project Manager with two to five years experience. We build a wide array of digital products, including mobile apps and commercial partnerships, as well as enhancing our existing web applications. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects all the way from conception to successful execution, working with our graphic designers, user research, front/back-end developers and commercial teams. You’ll work closely with the Product Director to ensure all projects are delivered on time and to agreed cost, using the most appropriate resources combined with the best approach. You’ll be confident generating budget estimates, project plans, and getting involved in mentoring through our internship scheme. This role involves being an excellent communicator and you’ll thrive on the opportunity to engage stakeholders and team members, reporting on the status, risks and success of projects.
We’re a fast-paced company who embrace an iterative, lean approach to Product Development and we’re looking for someone who has an understanding of how to work within a structured process and still embrace flexibility.
As a new position within the Product Development team you’ll have the opportunity to really make this role your own and in collaboration with the Product Director, team members and senior staff build the optimum project process from the ground up.
The position is based at our office in Kentish Town, London. We aim to be as family-friendly and flexible as possible, and we'd consider a 4-day week for the right candidate. Salary is competitive, based on experience.
A graduate degree, professional qualification or equivalent project experience
Proven project management experience in digital products (at least 2 years)
Solid understanding of a variety of project management processes and the flexibility to adopt different approaches according to the project needs
Excellent attention to detail with the confidence to manage multiple complex requirements from multiple stakeholders
Confident and diplomatic written and verbal communications
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter with "Project Manager" in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications close at 6pm on Sunday 22 May 2016.
Commercial Administration Assistant
An opportunity to play an exciting role at the heart of Mumsnet, the UK's biggest site for parents. We are looking to recruit a Commercial Admin Assistant. Working within the busy Commercial team, this role will involve providing administrative support across a range of commercial areas.
The Times has called us "the country's most popular meeting point for parents" and the Sunday Telegraph "an internet phenomenon". This is a unique opportunity to join an energetic and innovative team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting clients with operational enquiries
- Liaising with clients to gather assets and get creative briefs signed off
- Basic social media promotional activity
- Setting new clients up on an invoice system
- Using an in-house booking management system - training will be provided but confidence with new systems required
- Collating weekly statistics in a formal, organised manner
- Highly computer literate, with a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent customer service experience and a good telephone manner
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- Flexibility and a pro-active attitude is important, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use initiative and good judgement, as well as an enthusiastic approach to problem solving
- Basic Photoshop skills would make you stand out from the crowd
The role is full-time, office-based in north London – but we would be prepared to consider flexible working for the right candidate.
To apply for this role, email your covering letter and CV to mnhqjobs@, with "Commercial Administration Assistant" in your subject line. Applications close on Tuesday 31 May but we will appoint as soon as we find the right candidate so please don't delay in applying.
Graduate Community Assistant
Mumsnet is in the market for a Graduate Community Assistant to join our legendary [grin] community management team. We need someone with a great command of English who would thrive in a busy, fast-paced, digital environment - and who, crucially, has an excellent sense of humour.
As well as being a first-rate problem-solver, you'll need to be decisive, calm and possessed of a bucketload of common sense. Knowledge of Mumsnet's forums and ethos is also a substantial plus. Sound like you? Read on.
You'll be helping Mumsnet's brilliant community of parents to flourish - dealing with reports from our users, communicating with Mumsnetters on the talk boards, making nuanced judgement calls and explaining your rationale clearly. In return, we will provide full training and room to grow for the right candidate, and top drawer experience engaging one of the UK's leading digital communities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responding to user reports in a friendly and efficient manner
- Being responsive on the forums to user queries
- Implementing Mumsnet's forum guidelines
- Degree, or an equal level of experience
- Excellent communication and, in particular, writing skills
- Unflappable, positive and conscientious personality
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- A high level of computer literacy
- Active knowledge of all social media platforms (particularly Mumsnet)
- Baking ability an advantage as is previous community experience
This is a full-time role which will include weekend and evenings work from home, as well as regular in office work at our Kentish Town offices.
Please apply using our online form, submitting your covering letter and CV by close of play on Friday 3 June 2016.
Fancy being part of the team? Do check back regularly as we're always on the hunt for super-talented inpiduals.
Last updated: 3 days ago