Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Fancy being part of the team? Currently, we have the following positions open:
Editor of the Bloggers Network
We're on the hunt for a super-creative, super-organised editor to manage our Bloggers Network of nearly 7,000 members.
- Curating the best content posted each day by our brilliant bloggers, and updating the Mumsnet Bloggers Network site daily.
- Commissioning and editing must-read guest posts from both bloggers and public figures.
- Community management - looking after our brilliant bloggers, putting together our weekly newsletter and ensuring our social media outlets thrive.
- Collaborating on the content of our annual Blogfest event, and building the Blogfest site.
- Liaising with our sales team and clients on blogger activity, and running linkys, competitions and Twitter parties.
- Overseeing the Network's move into a new CMS and site design.
- Managing a small but lovely team.
- A fan of blogs!
- A great communicator with top-notch writing skills and the ability to write stylish, witty copy to tight deadlines, with at least two years of editorial experience under your belt.
- Comfortable with content management systems and basic code.
- Experienced in social media strategising, with demonstrable examples of growing online social networks.
- Really efficient - happy to juggle different projects without dropping balls
- A real people person
- An understanding of SEO basics
- Experience of events management
- Experience liaising with external commercial clients
We're on the hunt for a super-talented individual to join our content team. It's busy and fast-moving here, so you'll need to be the type who relishes a bit of a challenge, and doesn't faint at the idea of ripping up a plan and starting over.
This is the kind of thing we'd typically want you to do:
- Use our content management system to build pages
- Photo edit, and create graphics and infographics for use on site and across social media
- Produce email newsletters
- Write, sub and generate content ideas to inspire and delight the Mumsnet audience
To do all this, we think you'll need to have:
- strong Photoshop skills
- a keen eye for design
You'll also need to be:
- fluent in English, both verbal and written
- comfortable with basic HTML
- have experience with content management systems
- a great communicator with top-notch writing skills, able to write stylish, witty copy
- a stickler when it comes to editorial standards, accuracy and consistency
- familiar with all the big social media platforms
- a can-do type who's ready to take the initiative and grab responsibility
It would be unbelievably excellent if you also had:
- an understanding of SEO
- analytics experience
- experience with video editing software
- a penchant for table football
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 9 July.
Six-month paid internship
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a bright, hardworking intern with a strong desire to learn, to join our editorial team.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an energetic and innovative group of people, and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV. What’s more, we’re always in the market for talented people - so there may be an opportunity for the right candidate to join us full-time at the end of the internship.
During your time with us, you'll learn about all aspects of our organisation, and gain specific experience in the following areas:
- copywriting and copy editing
- community management
- web editing and content management systems
Academic qualifications required: a degree awarded by a UK university
To do this job you'll need:
- fluency in English, both verbal and written
- a positive attitude and a readiness to take on responsibility
- a good sense of humour
- Excellent communication and, in particular, writing skills
- Unflappable, conscientious personality
- Ability to provide totally excellent customer service
- Familiarity with all social media platforms, and in particular Mumsnet
The role is five days a week, and based in our offices in Kentish Town.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9 July.
We're looking for a talented designer who loves working collaboratively to translate function, usability and brand into beautiful and useful products. Our ideal candidate will thrive on rapid iteration, be able to balance beauty with function and will always keep the end user front of mind.
Most of our visitors use mobile and tablet devices, so you'll need a lot of experience with mobile and app design. You'll work closely and collaboratively with our product development team, researchers and developers and be able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders.
As part of the design team you'll make an important contribution to the evolution of the brand's visual identity and help to create consistently strong and engaging messaging.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a dynamic, well-established organisation and to bring about positive change for a large vibrant community of users.
You will be working with our lead designer to translate the Mumsnet brand on mobile, tablet and desktop, online and offline. You'll:
- Participate in the planning, design, and evaluation of user interfaces and user experience concepts
- Understand, translate and develop the Mumsnet brand
- Design and collaboratively develop interactive prototypes to inform user research and technical scoping
- Champion user-centered design methodologies and work closely with our UX researcher
- Produce high quality graphic assets for use in development and production
- Provide creative input to the team including ideation and discovery stages
- Degree in Graphic Design or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years' experience as a designer for mobile, tablet and web
- Highly skilled in Adobe creative suite and keen to explore new ways of designing for mobile
- Sharp eye for detail in design and UI implementation
- Exceptional understanding of visual and interaction design principles
- Confidence in sharing your inspiration and ideas with the team and stakeholders
- Experience with mobile, tablet and App design in both Android and iOS and on mobile responsive sites
- An understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and current web and mobile technologies would be an advantage
Mumsnet is the largest parenting community in the UK and 60% of our users come to us on their mobile or tablet devices. Our users are highly engaged and our forums are full of support, advice and lively debate. This is an opportunity to join our growing team of editors, community managers, developers and designers. We're a friendly, collaborative bunch with a shared commitment to developing Mumsnet products that are beautiful and useful delivered seamlessly across platforms.
The role is five days a week, and based in our (quite cool, actually) offices in Kentish Town.
You might be interested to know that we're a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work for Mumsnet (or Gransnet) you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick. Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with copious quantities of biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Salary range: Competitive
Flexible working and part-time applicants welcome.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio with covering letter to mnhqjobs@
We're looking for an experienced (2 years + preferred) and commercially driven Account Manager to join our Agency Sales team.
Working within a vibrant advertising sales team and reporting to the Head of Agency Sales, it will be your responsibility to drive advertising revenues within your agency patch. By joining the team you'll be able to build your career by representing a high profile media brand within a dynamic, fast‐paced working environment that is also fun and highly rewarding. The Account Manager will play a crucial role in targeting senior level personnel at agencies and selling the diverse online portfolio.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and cementing relationships within your agency patch
- Generating new business as well as nurturing existing clients
- Utilising effective relationships with agencies to deliver advertising revenue against targets
- Increasing revenue across all budgeted lines
- Targeting relevant agency and direct clients with ideas and solutions, entrepreneurial spirit essential
Qualities we're looking for in the Account Manager:
- Proven, relevant online experience within a media organisation with agency and client contacts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills are essential to secure solid campaign rates in line with rate and yield guidelines
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues
- The ability to devise creative online cross-‐portfolio marketing solutions
- Excellent consultative sales approach
- Industry knowledge
- Keen attention to detail
Salary: Commensurate with experience. We're happy to consider candidates wanting to work 4 days per week on a pro-rata basis.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to mnhqjobs@stating the job title in the subject heading. We always appoint as soon as we meet the right candidate, so please do apply straight away.
Last updated: 1 day ago