1 onion peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil
225g puff pastry
2 tbsp fresh parsley
150ml sour cream
6 spring onions chopped
4 chicken thigh skinned and boned
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat until transparent.
- Place into a 1 litre (2 pints) pie dish.
- Fry the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Place on top of the onion in a single layer.
- Place the milk, spring onions and parsley in a pan, bring to the boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes, then pour over the chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until just larger than the pie dish.
- Cut a strip from around the edge of the pastry.
- Place the strip on the rim of the pie dish, moisten, then place the pastry lid on top.
- Beat the eggs and sour cream together and brush the top of the pie. (Keep the remainder)
- Crimp the edges of the pastry and make a hole in the lid to allow steam to escape.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry becomes a light golden brown.
- Reduce the temperature to 180C.
- Pour in the egg and sour cream mixture into the pie through the hole.
- Shake or tip the dish to spread the mixture and return the pie to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.