1 handfuls milk chocolate, grated
100 g light muscovado sugar
800 g condensed milk
175 g digestive biscuits, (for base)
2 medium bananas, (for topping)
100 g butter
65 g butter, (for base)
60 g banana Angel Delight sachet, (for topping)
- Crush biscuits in a polythene bag (I use freezer bags).
- Melt the butter in small pan, remove from heat and stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Mix then spread the mixture over base and sides of a flan tin/shallow cake tin, pressing into place with back of spoon.
- Put the butter and sugar in a larger pan (non-stick). Heat gently until butter has melted and sugar dissolved then add condensed milk.
- Stir continuously with wooden spatula until the mixture is thick and toffee coloured.
- Pour onto prepared base and leave to set.
- Arrange sliced bananas all over toffee and then prepare angel delight (bit of a cheat but delicious).
- Spoon angel delight over bananas until they are covered. Allow banoffee pie to set for a while and then decorate with grated milk chocolate.
Watch the condensed milk whilst heating as it tends to burn very quickly.
Kids can help