1 tbsp olive oil
1 handful oats
1 handful plain flour
1 pollack, fillet per person - any fish fillet would work
- If frozen, defrost the pollack by leaving at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Tip the flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Beat the egg in another dish and tip the oats on to a plate.
- Dip pollack in the flour, then the egg and then roll in the oats.
- Shallow fry for a few mins briskly on each side.
Serve with “chips” (thin sliced roast potatoes) and peas for a healthier fish and chips meal.
Add mustard to egg if just for older children or adults.
Kids can help