Serves: 4(1 Vote)
4 slices ham, cut into squares
2 tbsp plain flour
1 savoy cabbage, shredded and steamed for 6-8 minutes, or cooked fresh or frozen spinach
1 bowl mashed potato
- If using spinach, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Mix the potato, cabbage or spinach and ham together with your hands.
- Form into cakes about the size of your palm, about 1cm thick.
- Heat enough oil in a non-stick pan to just cover the base.
While the oil is heating, sprinkle flour onto a plate, and coat both sides of the potato mixture cakes with the flour.
- Fry the cakes in the oil for a few minutes on each side until golden brown on the outside and heated through. Add more oil as needed.
Use cooked diced chicken or sausages instead of ham, or try cooked peas instead of cabbage or spinach.