450 g cherry, or baby plum tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 handfuls basil, torn
1 packet of spaghetti
1 handfuls Parmesan, (optional, to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange cut side upwards on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Top tomatoes with the slivers of garlic and a light grinding of salt.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until the tomatoes have dried out a bit but are still squishy.
- Stir the squishy tomatoes and torn basil into cooked spaghetti and add a glug of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with bread/garlic bread and a sprinkling of Parmesan (if using) and enjoy.
Really simple. Easily doubled/tripled - although you might get sick of chopping tomatoes. You could add olives if you like them or leftover cooked chicken, salami, ham…