Serves: 10(1 Vote)
450g caster sugar
150ml evaporated milk (about 1/2 large can)
1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- Line an 8” square tin with baking parchment or tinfoil.
- Put all ingredients (except any flavourings) in a large microwavable bowl. I use a pyrex mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high for 9 minutes (for 1000W oven - see below for alternative wattage times) stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and beat with handheld electric whisk for 2 minutes. Beat in any flavourings at this point.
- Pour into tin and leave until soft - mark into squares then leave until cold before cutting.
9000 divided by oven wattage = time in minutes.
eg 9000/750W = 12 minutes.
Biscuit and sweets