50 g butter
300 ml milk
110 g cheddar
1 large cauliflower
1/2 tsp mustard
1 pinch nutmeg
25 g fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbsp plain flour
- Trim the cauliflower and boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and place in a flame-proof dish.
- Add the milk, flour and butter to a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
- Allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add three-quarters of the grated cheese, mustard, a pinch of nutmeg and seasoning.
- Cook for further minute, stirring well.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Mix the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs together, sprinkle over the top.
- Place under a hot grill until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.