200 g self-raising flour
100 g butter
100 g caster sugar
1 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp jam
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Rub the flour, sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg to bring the mixture together to form a stiff dough.
- Flour your hands and shape the dough into a tube, about 5cm in diameter.
- Cut into 2cm-thick slices and place on a large baking sheet.
- Space them out as the mixture will spread when baking.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of each slice with the end of a wooden spoon, and drop a tsp of jam in the centre.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until just golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Biscuit and sweets
Jam and chutney
Kids can help