2 pinches salt
280ml warm water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dried yeast
360g plain flour, or wholemeal
- Mix salt and yeast in a bowl with the water.
- In a separate bowl sieve the flour and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the yeast mixture and the oil into the well and mix with a wooden spoon until texture turns doughy.
- Clean and flour a flat surface, then place the dough on it. Turn out and knead with your hands for about 3 mins.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with a towel.
Leave to rise in a warm place for at least 30mins. The dough should nearly double in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.
- Once risen, place the dough onto a floured surface. Split into 2 equal halves and shape into round pizza bases using your hands.
- Place the bases onto oiled baking trays.
- Put toppings on the pizza.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 mins or until the crust is golden brown.
Kids can help