75g self-raising flour
200g brown sugar
150g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
125ml sunflower oil
2 medium eggs
80g chilli almonds
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Line a 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the plain chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water then leave to cool a little.
- Mix the oil, sugar and eggs in a blender then add the melted chocolate and flour and blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides and stirring once or twice with a spatula.
- Add the chilli almonds and process quickly to just mix in but not chop too small.
- Tip into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes, then cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets