Serves: 6(1 Vote)
3 tbsp tomato puree
60g cream cheese
125g cheese, grated
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Make the soufflé like roll first. Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Melt the butter in a pan, add flour and stir until the flour bubbles (30 seconds).
- Add milk gradually, stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Separate the eggs, add the yolks to the hot sauce and stir in quickly, then stir in the cheese and tomato paste.
- Beat the whites till soft peak, fold into mixture. Pour into paper lined Swiss roll tin.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until puffed and golden brown or when centre springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove and turn out onto a rack covered with a tea
- Remove lining paper carefully.
- Make the filling while the roulade cooks. Drain asparagus liquid into a pot. Chop asparagus spears and gently press to remove more liquid.
- Boil asparagus liquid with chopped garlic until only 1 tablespoon remains then stir into the chopped asparagus.
- Fold together the asparagus, cream cheese and parsley or other herb if desired.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning's, the mixture should be pliable and easily spread.
- Spread evenly over the room temp roulade. Roll up gently starting with long side nearest to you.
- Wrap roll in cling film and place in the fridge until needed. Slice and serve hot or cold.
Roll up gently starting with long side nearest to you. Do not be impatient or roulade will disintegrate into an orange and green mess (but still tastes good)!