1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150g caster sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 eggs beat then just pour in half
175g plain flour
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in half of the smarties.
- Spoon walnut sized portions of the mix onto baking trays (leave room to expand) and push 2-3 smarties into each dollop.
- Bake in the oven on 180C for 12-15 minutes until pale golden (if you prefer chewy cookies cook a little less).
- Leave the cookies for about 2 minutes before removing from the trays to cool.
If you don't fancy Smarties then chocolate chips, M&Ms or Malteasers work just as well.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help