115g self-raising flour
60g caster sugar
30g cocoa powder
30g soft brown sugar
140g butter or margarine softened
4 tbsp oats or desicated coconut
- Cream together the butter/margarine and sugars.
- Sift in cocoa powder and flour and mix until combined. (It should be fairly stiff but still a bit sticky).
- Divide into balls (about a teaspoons worth of dough).
- Roll balls in oats/coconut and put onto lined baking trays. Press down slightly. (Space them well apart as they do spread).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes, until they are cracked slightly on top.
- Leave to cool on a tray for 5 minutes (they will break if you lift them straight off as they are soft) then cool completely on a wire rack.
Try rolling in crushed smarties for a party treat!
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help