30 g butter, melted
4 tbsp caster sugar
3 eggs, separated
3 lemons, juiced (and zest of one)
55 g cornflakes, crumbled but still crunchy
390 g sweetened condensed milk
- Blend cornflakes and sugar and add to melted butter.
- Press half of the mixture into a freezer proof glass dish.
- Combine the egg yolks with the condensed milk.
- Add lemon rind and juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into the lemon mixture.
- Spoon into glass dish and sprinkle remaining cornflakes on top.
- Freeze before serving.
If you prefer not to use the cornflakes, I sometimes line a tin with cling film, place half of lemon mixture in tin, then add a couple of chocolate flakes and then top with the other half of lemon mixture. I haven't tried it but would imagine it would be nice with a ginger biscuit base as well.
Kids can help