50 g brown sugar
300 ml double cream, whipped
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 packet puff pastry
1 eggs, beaten
50 g sultanas
4 apples, Peeled and cored
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the brown sugar, sultanas and cinnamon and stuff into the cored apples.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out four circles about eight inches in diameter depending on the size of the apples (they have to wrap the apples like a parcel).
- Place an apple in the centre of each pastry circle and brush the edges with the beaten egg.
- Draw up the pastry to enfold the apple, pressing the edges firmly to seal.
- Brush the outer surface of the pastry with the beaten egg to give a good glaze.
- Put the apple duffs onto a greased baking tray and then cook for about 40 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up well and golden brown.
both my boys make this together, one core's the apple the other can do the pastry,mix brown sugar etc..
Great with the whipped double cream OR ice cream TAKE TO SCHOOL…in your lunch box for a healthy opion.
Kids can help