150ml double cream
1 pinch cocoa powder to coat truffles
200g chocolate 65% cocoa minimum
- Break or chop chocolate into small pieces (without eating too much) and put in a bowl.
- Pour cream into a heat-proof bowl and place in a pan of hot water, so it is suspended over the water but not touching it.
- Once the cream is almost boiling, add chocolate to the cream. (You can add max 2 tsp of liqueur or whiskey at this stage, if your mum is a slummy mummy).
- Keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Let it cool down completely until it is very thick. It helps to refrigerate it.
To form the truffles:
- Scrape a teaspoon of chocolate into a lump.
- Get kids to wash hands with cold water, dry them and roll chocolate into balls.
- Place them (the balls, not the kids) in the chocolate powder until well coated.
- Repeat until almost all chocolate is gone.
- Get kids to eat the rest.
- Clean kids, kitchen and rest of house.
- Place all truffles on pretty plate to serve to mum with cup of tea or coffee. (Keep in fridge if served later.)
Get kids to wash hands. This recipe is Ganache which is used for all truffles.
Kids can help