375g salmon fillets
500g puff pastry one packet
1 egg whites
1 handful rocket salad or watercress
2 tbsp Parmesan grated
1 tsp fennel seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas Mark 7.
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 28x40cm (12x16in). Cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut the salmon fillets in half lengthways and place down one side of each pastry strip. Top with the rocket or watercress leaves.
- Brush one edge of the pastry with egg white and fold the pastry over, very tightly, to enclose the salmon. Press down well and place on a baking tray. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with the parmesan and, if using, fennel seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and puffed up. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
Delicious hot or cold.
Kids can help