950ml ice cream neapolitan
2 bags dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1-2 jars marshmallow fluff
- Bake cake mix in two layer pans, 8 x 1.5 inches, as directed on package. (You can freeze one layer for future use.)
- Line a mixing bowl with aluminium foil or cling film. Pack ice cream into bowl; freeze until firm.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminium foil. Place cake layer on baking sheet. Invert bowl with ice cream onto cake; remove bowl and foil. Freeze cake and ice cream until firm.
- Just before serving, heat oven to 250 degrees. Working quickly, completely cover cake and ice cream with fluff marshmallow mix, carefully sealing it to foil on sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until light brown. Trim foil to edge of cake; transfer to serving plate. Serve immediately.
You can adapt to various flavours by using different ice cream and fluff combinations.
If you want to include meringue, top the marshmallow with mini premade meringues.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help