340g self-raising flour
225g caster sugar
225g soft butter
50g chocolate chips, (or dried fruit or smarties)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips/dried fruits etc) into a big bowl and mix with hands until a dough is formed.
- Once a smooth dough is formed, add in the chocolate chips/dried fruit etc and mix again.
- Take a ping pong ball size of dough and roll into a ball, then squash slightly onto a greased and lined baking tray.
- Keep going until you run out of dough, space the cookies evenly as they will spread a little as they cook.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes/10 minutes fan. The time may vary depending on your oven, they should look golden when ready.
- Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack and decorate with icing if desired.
Borrow a dog to hoover up any mess your little darlings have created.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help