2 tbsp oil
1 handful sweetcorn
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp plain flour
0.5 onion, finely grated
salt to taste
- Grate the courgette into a bowl and add the sweetcorn and a pinch of salt.
- Beat the egg and mix in.
- Add a small amount of flour at a time, until the mixture becomes a thick batter.
- If you're not cooking this straight away, the salt will break down the mixture and it will thin, so just add more flour to re-thicken.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop the courgette mixture in, a large spoonful at a time, to make 4-6 fritters (depending on the amount of mixture and the size of your pan).
- Fry on a medium heat until the underneath is golden brown, then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Serve hot as a vegetable side dish or light snack.