500ml double cream
100g cheddar, grated
20g fresh dill
200g prawns, (optional)
1kg fish , eg a mixture of cod, smoked haddock and salmon works well
2 tsp cornflour
300g plain flour
- Skin and bone the fish and cut into chunks.
- Warm the cream.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tsp cold water and mix into the cream.
- Chop and add dill to cream mixture.
- Add salt and pepper if required (as I am cooking for small children I omit this and have adults add as required at the table).
- Mix in fish and prawns if using.
- Put into shallow oven proof dish.
- In a bowl (or food processor) rub butter into the flour. Add oats and grated cheese and mix well.
- Spread crumble mixture evenly over fish mixture.
- Bake in oven at 200C for approx 45 minutes.
Individual crumbles go down very well with my dd at the moment - reduce cooking time by 15 mins.
If making for just adults or older children 1 heaped tsp of smoked paprika mixed into the crumble mixture is very nice.