2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tins chopped tomato
1 leg of lamb
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 onions, chopped
- Brown the lamb and put to one side.
- Fry the chopped onions until soft and add the garlic for a few minutes frying. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sugar, mix and heat through.
- Put the lamb in a roasting tin, add the tomato mixture, cover with foil and then roast as per normal lamb, basting with the tomato sauce.
- Take off the foil for the last 5 minutes or so.
- Once you have uncovered the lamb, cook some pasta.
- Remove lamb from the oven, and set aside to rest.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, add to the tomato sauce from the roast and mix thoroughly.
- Slice the lamb, then serve with the pasta, bit of parmesan and a green salad.
I tend to put all of it into the middle of the table and just let people help themselves, that way, rather than put all of it on a plate at once, people can have some pasta, then meat and salad or any variation they fancy.