50g butter or margarine
1 tbsp curry powder
425ml chicken stock
350g chicken cooked
1 tsp chutney or redcurrant jelly
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tsp lemon juice
- Melt the butter or margarine in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Skin and slice the onion and fry lightly.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock gradually.
- Peel and slice the apple.
- Bring the curry sauce to the boil, then add the apple with the chutney or jelly, lemon juice, and seasoning. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Keep hot but not simmering for 30 minutes.
- Serve separately with plain boiled rice and chutney, or any other traditional accompaniments