Serves: 12(1 Vote)
150g caster sugar
3 tbsp custard, (not instant version)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a couple of muffin tins with muffin cases.
- Sieve the flour into a separate bowl.
- In a different bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Mix in an egg at a time, adding a dessert spoon of the flour to stop it separating (no need to beat the eggs before adding).
- Fold in the flour with a metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
- To decorate: make up some butter cream using icing sugar and butter/margarine and pipe it in a spiral on the top, then scatter various sprinkles on top.
Use muffin cases and muffin tins for those American Cupcake style cakes.
Fill the muffin cases 2/3 full. The custard powder means that they seem to rise nicely and don't dry out
Kids can help