2 pints vegetable stock
1 butternut squash
1 large onion
1 large red pepper
200g soft cheese
- Half the butternut squash and drizzle a little olive oil over each of the fleshy halves and roast on a baking tray at 180C for about an hour (until soft).
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a little olive oil.
- Remove the flesh from the roasted butternut and add to the onions.
- Finely chop the red pepper and add this also.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the soft cheese and heat through so cheese is melted.
- Season to taste.