225 g self-raising flour
175 g caster sugar
175 g sunflower margarine, plus extra for greasing
300 g fresh raspberries and strawberries
175 g rolled oats
- Grease a swiss roll tin and preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix the flour with a pinch of salt and roughly rub in the margarine.
- Stir the oats and sugar into the mixture and use your hands to combine - it will be a thick doughy mixture.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the raspberries and strawberries, squashing slightly to release the juice. Cover with the remaining oat mixture then press down firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares.
A good way to use up a glut of fresh strawberries
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help