50 g unsalted butter
1 tins condensed milk
200 g plain digestive biscuits
284 ml whipping cream, (a carton)
1 Flake bar, (or Ripple)
- Blitz the digestives in a food processor or you can put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin to make fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press them into the base of a 20cm springform-clip cake tin. Chill until the biscuit base is firm.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large mixing bowl and microwave on a high heat for 6-7 mins, stirring every 1 min until the milk starts to look caramel coloured.
- Spoon the caramelised condensed milk over the biscuit base
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours so it sets well.
- Slice the bananas and scatter over the set condensed milk.
- Gently whip the cream and smooth over the top of the bananas slice and serve
To make this banoffee pie more delicious I sprinkle a chocolate ripple over mine or even a flake. You can buy the condensed milk already made from all supermarkets - it saves a lot of time. Naughty but nice this dessert!
Kids can help