2 tbsp caster sugar
600 ml fruit juice, (any flavour you like)
1 handfuls fruit, (optional)
4 gelatine leaves
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a few tables spoons of juice.
- Heat the rest of the juice in a pan until hot but not boiling
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved
- Add the softened gelatine leaves one by one and stir until disolved. Stir in the disolving juice too.
- Leave to cool then pour into individual bowls.
- Add fruit if required and chill to set
Lovely, wobbly jelly without the colours, flavours and preservatives…
Sharper juices such as Orange, will need 3 tables spoons of sugar. Sweeter juices will need less.
If using a large mould rather than individual glasses, use an extra sheet of gelatine to make sure it sets.
Pineapple, Kiwi and Papaya may stop the jelly setting.
Kids can help