1 eggs, beaten with a dash of milk
1 pkt ready to roll puff pastry
1/2 lb vegetarian stuffing
1 quorn roast , defrosted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Make a vegetarian stuffing: gently soften onions and garlic in lots and lots of butter. Add lots of chopped fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme) and some chopped dried fruit (I use apricots or cranberries). Add breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and an egg and mix to make a wet stuffing texture.
- Roll out the pastry until it is big enough to comfortably encase the Quorn.
- Take the Quorn roast and carve a small slice off the base to allow it to sit without rocking. Then slice the whole thing length-ways down the middle.
- Sit the bottom piece of the Quorn roast in the top centre part of the pastry and top it with a thick layer of stuffing. Place the top piece of Quorn on top of the stuffing and bring the pastry up to cover the whole thing. Seal the edges with the egg and milk mixture and brush over to glaze the pastry.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour.
This can be done in advance until the egg glaze stage and kept in the fridge until ready to cook.