Serves: 2(1 Vote)
3 tbsp peanut butter heaped
2 chicken breast (or 1 per person) cut into 3cm squares
1 large onion cut into eighths
10 cherry tomatoes
97g hoisin sauce
120g savoury rice
- Mix the peanut butter and hoi sin sauce together in an airtight container which is big enough to hold the chicken. A little warm water may be required to improve the consistency for marinading the chicken breast.
- Tip the chicken into the marinade and mix. Put the container in the fridge overnight, the longer the better as the flavour will improve.
- When you are ready to proceed, put the savoury rice on to cook either in a microwave or on the hob, if it is ready first it doesn't matter as it stays hot.
- At the same time, thread the chicken onto metal skewers, this ensures that the chicken is cooked from the inside as well, and place on a grill rack and spread with half the marinade.
- Put the onion and tomatoes on the grill rack.
- Put the rack under a hot grill, turn everything over after about 7 minutes and apply the other half of the marinade to the kebabs.
- Once cooked, this should take about 15 minutes depending on the heat of the grill, check the chicken isn't pink before serving.
- Put the rice into large bowls, arrange the chicken and vegetables and crunchy, cooked marinade and eat.
Don't be tempted to eat the marinade until it is cooked as it has had the raw chicken mixed into it!