1 plum tomato
3 slices goat's cheese
1 handful rocket salad
1 handful fresh basil
- Bring a pan of water to boiling point.
- Douse the tomatoes in the water to split the skins. Lift out, cool, peel, chop and de-seed.
- Pop the chopped tomatoes into a bowl and cover with olive oil, torn up basil leaves, season well.
- Leave in a fridge for half an hour to let the flavours really develop.
- Spoon the oily juices over a couple of slices of lightly toasted ciabatta.
- Top with a good helping of cold soft cheese.
- Cover with loads of the tomatoes on one side and rocket on the top. Sandwich together.
Enjoy with plenty of kitchen roll to hand as it will get messy.
Makes a fantastic summery Sunday brunch with fresh orange juice.
Kids can help