115g butter, cut into thin slices
3 chicken breast, large, skinless
1 tsp herbs, of your choice
1 tsp garlic powder
200g Alfredo sauce
1 handful Parmesan, grated
1 handful mushrooms, sliced
6 slices bacon, cut in half, and their drippings from frying
1 tbsp onion powder
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the half bacon slices until done.
- Put slices of butter over the bottom of the baking pan, put mushrooms over the butter and some of the Parmesan lightly sprinkled over it all.
- Cut the fat off the chicken breasts (if you wish) and season them both sides with onion powder, garlic powder and the herbs of your choosing and place the chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over the top.
- Place the strips of bacon over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Pour the bacon grease from your few strips into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce lightly all around the dish both on chicken and in the other areas, enough to make it a little saucy but not enough to drown it.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.