1/4 bags panko crumbs
250g Turkey mince
1 tbsp Tomato puree
4 tbsp Plain flour
- Boil or steam the chopped and peeled carrot until cooked. Mash with a fork or blend it then leave to cool a little.
- Put the turkey mince into a large bowl along with the cooled carrot mash and the tomato puree. Mix well with hands (messy!).
- Prepare 3 bowls, one containing flour, one with the beaten egg, and the third with the Panko crumbs.
- Make golf-ball sized balls of the turkey mix, roll them in your hands to help them stick, then flatten them into burgers on a plate with your fingers. Mixture makes approximately 8 burgers.
- Leave the plate of burgers in the fridge for at least 1 hour, covered, to firm.
- Dip each burger first into the flour to coat both sides, then into the egg, then into the Panko crumbs to coat well all over.
- Place the burgers onto a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes at 180, turning once, until completely cooked.
- I passed these off to my super-fussy 5 year old as 'chicken burgers'. Add more flavours if your toddler / child is less fussy than mine!
Serves 4 children. Hungry grown-ups would need 2 portions!