Serves: 8(1 Vote)
2 tbsp golden syrup
250g porridge oats, (the cheap type, not large ones)
1 tbsp demarara sugar
1 half a tin of condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Line the baking tin (no bigger than about 18cm x 28cm) with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the sugar and syrup. Keep gently heating and stirring until all is melted and mixed. If it starts to boil take it off the heat!
- Add the condensed milk and mix. Bring to the boil for about a minute.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the oats, folding them in. All the oats should be coated, and the mixture quite dense, but still sticky. Don't add so many oats that the mixture becomes dry.
- Pour the mixture into the tins and spread about so that it lines the tin to a depth of 2-3cm. Don't squash the mixture in, just spread it evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 15mins.
You should take them out when they just start to go brown round the edges, don't leave longer than this. If they're still squidgy in the middle that's fine, they set on cooking.
Kids can help