Enough to cover bottom of pan vegetable stock
1 medium onion, sliced
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 chorizo sausage, cut into small chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bag Golden vegetable microwaveable rice
- Boil the kettle to make the stock - you'll only need a small amount made up to cover the bottom of the pan (careful not to make it too salty)
- Chop the onion into slices
- Dice the chorizo (if needed, some supermarkets sell it ready diced)
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok
- Cook the onions over a gentle heat until they start to become translucent
- Add the chorizo and stir with the onions until all of the delicious oil comes out and the chorizo is crispy
- Tip in the rice and mix it with the onions and chorizo for a few minutes
- Add the stock - enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Keep the rice mixture moving until the stock has been absorbed by the rice
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Plate or bowl up and enjoy!
This is a really quick and easy supper or snack to make. You can bulk it out more with diced leftover chicken and any extra vegetables you fancy - peas and peppers work well.
The rice manufacturers do not recommend reheating the rice once it has been cooked. This has never been a problem in our house though!