1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
55g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
55g golden caster sugar, plus a spinkling of granulated sugar to make the praline
55g soft brown sugar
115g plain flour
For the praline:
- Chop the pecans and put in a pan with granulated sugar sprinkled over.
- Cook on a high heat and swirl so that melted sugar covers the pecans.
- When all caramelised, tip onto greaseproof paper to set.
- When set, chop up the praline or whizz in a food processor.
For the cookies:
- Cream the sugar and the softened butter.
- Add the vanilla and the egg.
- Mix in the flour and the bicarb of soda.
- When the dough is mixed, add the white chocolate and the chopped-up praline.
- Spoon onto a greased baking sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Cook at 180C for 12-15 minutes or until starting to turn golden.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help