80g caster sugar
1 mini smarties
225g plain flour
- Rub the butter into the flour, then add the sugar and press and squidge into a ball.
- Knead the dough flat onto a board until about 1/4cm thick.
- Cut using a Christmas tree-shaped cutter (can be done quite easily with a small knife if you can't find one; will take more time but each tree will be sweetly unique).
- Place on a baking tray, then dot with mini smarties.
- Bake for for 10 minutes at 180C/Gas Mark 4 in a pre-heated oven.
Press the smarties in well before so they don't fall off, and don't cook for too long or they will pop!
This will make about 50 small biscuits, so you might like to halve the recipe if you just want to make these as an activity with the kids.
Kids can help