1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
225g potato freshly grated and squeezed in paper towel
120ml full-fat milk
225g plain flour
30g butter melted
225g mashed potato
- Mix the grated and mashed potatoes together.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the potato mixture with the melted butter.
- Add a little milk and stir until you have a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface gently to bring everything together.
- Pull the dough into four pieces, flatten each into a cake, score the dough into quarters making sure not to cut it, and cook on an oiled pan over a gentle heat until it is golden brown.
- Then turn it over and cook it on the other side. Serve on its own, or with a fried egg on top.
Use a non stick pan.