1 vegetable stock cube
1 pinch herbs, eg sage, thyme or rosemary
1 tin beans eg black-eyed beans, chickpeas, borlotti beans or whatever you like, drained
1 jar tomato based pasta sauce
4 handfuls different vegetables, eg potato, carrot, mushroom, fennel, parsnips, peas
- Cook the vegetables by your usual method, according to type, until edible but not too soft.
- Put in a large saucepan.
- Add the beans to the pan.
- Add the herb.
- Add the jar of tomato sauce.
- Make up the stock according to taste, you are aiming to thin down the tomato sauce and give it a more savoury flavour, and add to the pan.
- Heat through for about 5 minutes.