1 bag icing sugar (to dust)
115g caster sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
230g ground almonds
2 egg whites
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until they become stiff and then fold them into the dry ingredients a bit at a time.
- Leave the mixture to set for a few minutes, and then roll into about 24 balls.
- Place the balls on a lined/greased baking sheet and bake for 18-24 mins at 175C (fan oven).
- The balls will be soft when you get them out of the oven, but they will harden up!!
- To finish, place the still warm balls into a bag of sifted icing sugar to coat them, then place on a wire rack to cool.
Wet your hands before you roll the balls, and this will help you form the dough into rounds.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help