1 pinch salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 handfuls chicken liver, trimmed and cut into even pieces
1 tin tomatoes, (or some puree)
1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped (optional)
1 tsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
1 tbsp vinegar or sherry
- Sauté the onions on a medium heat until very soft and starting to caramelise.
- Add crushed/chopped garlic if using.
- Add chicken livers.
- Stir around and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on whether you like them still pink or not
- Add tomatoes and break up with spatula.
- Add generous glug of vinegar/sherry.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
Delicious served with mashed potatoes or on buckwheat noodles.