275g self-raising flour, sifted
6 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
225g caster sugar
1 pinch salt
1 lemon, zested
250g soft butter
1 jar strawberry or apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Slowly add the egg yolks, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla, grappa, salt and lemon zest and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix to a soft dough.
- Take teaspoons of mixture and gently roll them into balls. Place them on baking parchment, gently flattening them with your hands.
- Push a hole into the middle of each with the tip of your finger. Ask your kids to help you with their thumbs!
- Place small amount of jam in the centre of each biscuit and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
You can leave out the grappa but if you've got some in the cupboard give it a whirl!
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help