1 tsp sugar, for sweetening plums
1/2 blocks marzipan, grated
500g puff pastry, ready made, two sheets
1 eggs, beaten, for glazing
2 handfuls plums, ripe
- Cut the plums in half and sprinkle a little sugar on the cut side.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a square, score a line into the pastry 1 inch from the edge. Don't cut right through.
- Sprinkle the grated marzipan on to the pastry (inside the scored line).
- Put the plums cut side up on the marzipan, and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Glaze the outside edge with beaten egg.
- Bake on parchment paper, 180C for 20-30 mins, until pastry crust has puffed up and is golden brown.
Use ready-made puff pastry, it's much easier than making your own. Can be egg free if you use milk for the glaze instead.