2 slices bread (stale)
1 bowl chicken cooked
1 handful carrot cooked
1 small onion peeled and chopped
1 pinch dried chilli flakes
1 bowl mashed potato
1 handful broccoli cooked
- Ensure the chicken and cooked vegetables are chopped fairly small. Combine these with the mashed potatoes, small onion finely diced, salt and pepper and chilli flakes.
- Form the mixture into round pattie shapes about 1 inch thick.
- Pop the bread in the blender to make into bread crumbs (or use a fine grater). Beat the egg and place onto a plate.
- Dip the chicken bakes into the egg, then the breadcrumbs to coat. For an extra crunchy coating re-dip in the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Cook the bakes in the oven (at 220C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve as they are or with salad and sweet chilli dipping sauce.
When you have made the bakes you can leave them in the fridge for an hour to help them firm up before putting in the oven. You can also make these into bite size pieces which are great for parties or late night snacking!