310g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g desiccated coconut
2 handfuls glace cherries quartered
10 rich tea biscuits crumbled
3 egg whites
1 bar of chocolate (to decorate)
- Grease a 20 x 30 cm baking tin.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and beat well.
- Add coconut, vanilla essence, biscuit crumbs, margarine/butter, and cherries and mix.
- Spread evenly in prepared tin and put in refrigerator to set.
- Cut into small pieces and store in fridge.
- Melt chocolate and using fine piping tube pipe any kind of decoration on pieces.
Buy good quality products as the final taste is always nicer. Rinse glace cherries with water and set on kitchen paper towel to dry off before cutting. Makes the job of cutting them less messy
Biscuit and sweets